(( NEWSFLASH ))
If you didn’t know, here’s the news… After an incredible decade on Yonge Street, Byfield Dance Experience, Toronto’s favourite dance classes for adults, has officially CLOSED.
We closed early 2019, and moved out of our Yonge Street dance studio in the heart of Toronto. Thank you for all your interest and support!
Keep in touch!
– Shawn Byfield
Build Your Confidence.
GREAT NEWS: Here’s The Toronto Dance Class Everyone’s Talking About…
Hip Hop Dance Workout!
“Experience Toronto’s Only Dance Studio For ADULTS That Keeps You Fit, Immediately Improves Your Health… And Teaches You Killler, Head-Turning Dance Moves In A Positive Learning Environment That Doesn’t Exist Anywhere Else… PERIOD”
Get Stronger Arms, A Sexier Stomach and Learn Awesome Dance Moves In This Adult Hip Hop Class
Starting today, you can get access to funky and fun HIP HOP DANCE WORKOUT classes at Byfield Dance Experience. Those in the know, call it #BDXstudio!Known for it’s red walls, friendly faces and positive atmosphere, BDX is one of the best dance studios in Toronto for recreational adult hip hop dance classes. You’ll immediately love it here.
Spend Quality Time Learning The Moves From Toronto’s Most Sought-Out Instructors, At Canada’s #1 Dance Studio For Adults
Your Time Is Valuable To Us.
With That In Mind, Your Pro HIP HOP DANCE WORKOUT Coaches Promise To Always:
- Be encouraging and patient with you- so you can learn the steps without feeling under pressure
- Create a positive and uplifting atmosphere- which makes you want to participate and get even more involved
- Challenge you and safely push your abilities- so you’ll come back the next class a notice a bit more improvement
- Make you sweat- so you can burn a ton of calories and shed that those extra pounds you don’t need hanging around
- Give you great tips for toning your body- to help keep you in top notch performance and looking great
- Skillfully create and break down awesome choreography- so you’ll easily learn new moves to take home with you
- Share “real world” dance experience and performance stories- and learn from other people’s past experiences
- Keep you focused and entertained throughout class- which boosts your enjoyment, so you’ll never feel like leaving
- Give you a wicked dance workout- and keep your body working hard, looking hot and feeling great
- Break down and count the music- to make it easy for you to hear the timing and know exactly what beats you should listen to
- Easily break down the steps you’re learning- which makes it easier for your brain to absorb the steps piece by piece
- Fully demonstrate what the moves should look like- so you get a mental picture and feel for the teacher’s style
- Give specific, detailed and non-judgmental feedback- so you know exactly what you can do to advance your level and your career
- Encourage you to feel great about yourself- so you can bring out your inner confidence and rock yo’ body without “feeling like a nerd”! =)
- And so much, much more… definitely something you’ll understand when you EXPERIENCE it in person!
Wonder What Students Have To Say?
“A non-competitive environment, where everyone supports one another…”
Not only is Shawn’s class a great high energy workout, it is also the best therapy. When you leave the studio, you feel genuinely happy, not matter how you felt before you started the class. It’s all due to his amazing approach to teaching. He creates a non-competitive environment, where everyone supports one another, and every single person has an amazing time! I had a blast in his class because I learned a lot, danced a lot, was surrounded by good people, had a ton of fun, sweat a lot, and best of all, left with a huge smile on my face!! THANKS BDX FOR THE BEST DANCE CLASSES EVER!” – Brittany D
“A great way to stay/get in shape, and improve overall fitness…”
Taking classes at BDX has been incredibly enjoyable. It is a great place to dance and learn, no matter what level of a dancer you are. A great place for people to start out and explore dance, and a great place for people with training to get their dance on! It is a friendly, laid back, energetic environment with amazing instructors. I love each instructor’s diversity in style and choreography. From dancing, I feel an improvement in my energy level, my coordination, my agility, my flexibility, and my overall athleticism. I found that with consistency, dancing has been a great way to stay/get in shape, and improve overall fitness. BDX is a wonderful place to be a part of. Unlimited, ultimate confidence boosts when taking classes at BDX. Thank you to Shawn and the rest of the BDX family.” – Terence L
“Allowed me to step out of my comfort zone and gain more confidence meeting new people…”
BDX classes far exceeded my expectations, it was ALOT of fun . The environment exuded positive energy and such a great place to be in. You get to meet interesting people from all walks of life and they all have a craving to dance. Personally it has help me develop , not only as dancer but also allowed me to step out of my comfort zone and gain more confidence meeting new people. Shawn is inspirational , charismatic and an extremely talented individual with a huge heart. I highly recommend his classes to anyone . Just a life changing experience. Don’t miss out! – Ian D
Where BEGINNER Adults Learn Hip Hop Dance. Newbies, Two-Left-Footers And Awkward People Welcome!
Here’s what you need to know:
- It doesn’t matter if you’ve NEVER danced before. **This is a Newbie-Friendly facility.** The less training and experience you have, the better.
- It doesn’t matter if you USED to dance when you were younger, and you’re rusty.
- Heck, it doesn’t even matter if you’re trying to make dance your FULL TIME profession or just want a way to shed a few pounds.
SKIP The Gym.
15 Reasons How Your HIP HOP DANCE WORKOUT Class Dramatically Improves Your Health
- Work the largest muscle in your body- your heart- and decrease your chances of getting blood clots, strokes or heart problems
- Increase the efficiency of your digestive system, which may reduce your chances of colon cancer
- STOP SLOUCHING and improve your posture! The warm up exercises alone will help you to stand tall, sit up straight and finally stop slouching like a hunchback
- Work on showing off your sexy “six pack”. Tone up your stomach muscles, increase your core strength and START FEELING GREAT about your tummy
- Strengthen your thighs, hamstrings and calf muscles so your legs don’t feel as weak and tired- and improve the stability in your knees
- Get a round, HEAD-TURNING ASS! Yeah we said it- Tone up those butt muscles and give those “cheeks” an all-round booty-licious, head-turning shape up
- Feel more desirable and attractive, and feel confident about your physical appearance. Go ahead and stop traffic with your sexy body!
- Make your breathing easier! Dance helps you to take bigger breaths and fill your lungs, which improves lung capacity and gives you more energy and mental clarity
- LADIES: Firm up your breasts- Yes ladies, dance helps firm up your skin tissue, so you can get extra lift and perkiness. No Wonder!
- LOSE those extra pounds! While you sweat and groove to the music your body will burn calories and IGNITE UNWANTED FAT
- Increase your blood circulation throughout your entire body- keeping your cells healthier and eliminate cellular waste quicker
- Improve your memory and mental well being, and you’ll find it easier to retain more information and REDUCE YOUR STRESS
- Improve your skin tone, texture and appearance- allow your skin’s pores to breathe and glow (and clear up those blemishes)
- Feel more alert and energized from the extra oxygen to your brain. Now you can fully focus on those everyday tasks
- INSOMNIACS: Finally you will FALL ASLEEP FASTER! Get some rest at the end of the day, improve sleeping patterns and wake up recharged from a deep, full night’s slumber…
…And to top it off, you’ll always be in a totally FUN environment that will keep you focused and motivated to reach your fitness goals, week after week.
When Your Register For HIP HOP DANCE WORKOUT You’ll Hotwire Your Metabolism and Boost Your Immune System- So You Can Finally STOP Getting Sick.
“I have never been surrounded by such pure positive energy… I’m truly addicted…”
Love is what you feel when you walk through the doors at BDX. Im gonna try to put in words how much I love love love coming here. It’s so much more than just a dance studio and I’m not sure if Shawn knows how special BDX truly is.I have never been surrounded by such pure positive energy… I’m truly addicted.. Wild horses couldn’t keep me away. You will experience everything from excitement, encouragement to laughter and a butt kicking work out that is so much fun you will feel like your in a P Diddy video.You will defiantly be challenged to learn and grow in your dance skills fir-sure .. But that seems like the icing on the cake because the experience of that “pure positive energy” touches all aspects of you as a person that can be taken into your every day life and makes you a better person.. See!!! Not just a dance studio… Sooo much more 🙂Shawn shares his amazing talent but more than that he opens his heart to everyone that walks through the doors as BDX and we all defiantly feel the love. When you feel better you look better and everyone in your life benefits from that!!!” – Tammy F
“Incredible classes for an equally incredible price”
“I can’t say enough good things about BDX. Incredible classes for an equally incredible price. Thanks to BDX I can now consider myself a dancer.” – Jake
“After 3 months I feel strong, more confident and I can see changes in my body”
“Totally addicted! I’ve always had a hard time sticking to any workout regime. I would pick something up for 2 or 3 weeks and just lose interest or suddenly “not have time”. Not only have I stuck to two BDX classes a week but it gave me the motivation to find other forms of exercise for the rest of the week. After 3 months I feel strong, more confident and I can see changes in my body. I immediately signed up for the next session. The studio is such a fun positive space to be in. I never want to stop dancing!” – Michelle
If You Want To Be A Sexy, Shining Example That Hard Work Pays Off, Here’s What You Gotta Do…
Sometimes, we get so caught up in our own head that we prevent ourselves from learning something new. We say things like “oh it’s been so long, I can’t do that…” or “I’m too old…”…and other nonsense that sometimes makes us unfairly limit and judge ourselves. We start analyzing and doubting so much that we don’t even give ourselves the opportunity to TRY. We become our own worst enemy.Ever been there before?So how do we break that self defeating mindset? The key to improving your skills is to START. Just start where you are. It builds courage.Habits can be broken with positive intention and action. Everything takes TIME. You can and will get there.And in our Toronto Hip Hop Dance Workout sessions, you’re in the perfect environment to help you achieve your dance and fitness goals.Quickly grab your spot at the bottom of this page and let’s get started!
819 YONGE STREET, Toronto
Energizing, Super-Fun and Goal-Oriented Sessions That You Must Attend Weekly
These are exclusive, registered term sessions where students participate one day a week, on the day you choose.This is like school, you register for one specific day and STICK WITH IT for the entire session.There are NO drop in classes for this private session. You are expected to attend every class. It’s only 90 minutes of your week- that can have dramatic effects when you decide to join us.If you want to improve, you’ll have to make a commitment to yourself to be in class every week. This is not a drop in whenever you want, and “if you don’t make it you don’t make it” type of format.
*** TO BE CLEAR ***
No, you don’t get your money back if you don’t come. If that’s what you’re looking for, sorry- this is not for you.
Please don’t take a spot if you can not plan your schedule accordingly.
We have a reputation of creating RESULTS with CONSISTENCY. If you can not commit, then please let someone else have your spot today.BUT… if you want to make time for yourself, in a high-energy class with regular faces you’ll grow to know, in a totally safe and fun environment where we encourage and challenge each other to reach new levels of dance and fitness week, after week, after week… and if you’re looking to surround yourself with other positive, hard working friends just like you, want to be inspired and change your life……then welcome to the club! You’ll quickly see how fast you can get better.
You Deserve To Have FUN And Reward Yourself!
My friend, now YOU need to make a choice. You deserve to dance and HAVE FUN! You deserve to feel stronger, healthy and GREAT about your body! Why not reward yourself with some FUN in your life… AND get in shape at the same time?It’s a no-brainer.If that’s what you want, then HIP HOP DANCE WORKOUT is perfect for you.I don’t expect you to make this your career, but I do want you to live in the moment, love, laugh, and enjoy a healthy, balanced life.We truly can’t wait to dance with you in hip hop class. Put it in your calendar and tell a friend to join with you. All dancers welcome. Welcome to the family!– Shawn Byfield
PS: Hip Hop Dance Workout is Toronto’s favourite dance class for newbies, awkward adults, and two-left-footers with little to no experience, but have a desire to move, sweat, and have fun! CLASSES FILL QUICKLY so don’t miss out…